Today, I’ll begin a list of great Christmas gifts for under $25. If you have any ideas, please add them.
1. P31 Woman magazine subscription for $15. This magazine is an extension of Proverbs 31 Ministries. Just click on this link to order a subscription.
2. Steven Curtis Chapman’s latest album, This Moment. $13.99 at Family Christian Stores, $13.88 at WalMart, $9.99 through iTunes.
3. Any book by author Jill Briscoe. She is a phenomenal communicator and will draw your heart closer to God.
4. Any of the Sisterchicks books by Robin Jones Gunn.
5. Two soccer balls for impoverished children in a country like Kenya. These soccer balls replace a ball of banana leaves or wads of trash. $16 through World Vision. What soccer coach wouldn’t be pleased to receive a card explaining you bought this gift in his honor?
6. Tell Me What You Know, the newest CD from Sara Groves. $14.99 if you order it from her website. $13.99 from Family Christian Stores and a portion of the proceeds goes to the James Fund, a non-profit organization that meets the needs of widows and orphans around the world.
7. While you’re at Sara Groves’ website, you should go ahead and order a copy of the NOMAD DVD featuring Sara and subtitled Just Showed Up For My Own Life. It’s $14.99.
8. A jar of home-made apple butter. You can make it in your crock-pot, and it is super-easy. Just peel and slice apples to fill your crock pot and begin to cook them on low. After the apples start to cook, sprinkle on about 2 – 3 cups of sugar and stir. After the apples have cooked down a little and the mixture has gotten somewhat juicy, sprinkle generous amounts of cinnamon and some nutmeg, ground cloves, and allspice. Mix and cook until the mixture is as smooth as it will get. Stir with a mixer on low or use a hand-blender to smooth out the remaining chunks of apple. Then spoon apple butter into canning jars. Tighten lids on and the lids will seal themselves while cooling. Easy apple butter! A great home-made gift. Give with a basket of biscuits or a loaf of bread or a basket of spice muffins.
9. Angela’s Thomas’ Do You Think I’m Beautiful?. This book will be an encouragement to any woman on your gift list. Angela’s humor and straightforwardness make you feel like you’re sitting on the sofa having conversations with her while you read this book. And her heart to help women be drawn to the Groom will bless you.
10. Ghirardelli chocolates. My favorites are milk chocolate filled with caramel, but the dark chocolate filled with caramel aren’t bad either. 🙂 And the dark chocolate filled with mint are pretty good. And the plain dark chocolate squares are yummy with coffee. Oh, yeah, and the plain milk chocolate squares are also delicious. I’m not too picky about my Ghirardelli chocolates.
Soon, I will post creative ideas for themed gift baskets.
What about you? What inexpensive gift ideas do you have?