Today, in honor of Independence Day, I’ll tell you 3 great things about the United States of America (from the book 1,003 Great Things About America).
1. We’re very easy to find on a globe.
2. The Empire State Building when it’s bathed in red, white, and blue at night.
3. . . . all the time we save by not putting a “u” in words like labor, favor, and color.
**Bonus Great Things about the US**
4. We don’t have our own tartans, but we are careful about picking out just the right bumper sticker.
5. We brought popcorn to the movies.
6. Surely paintings on velvet couldn’t have been dreamed up anywhere else.
What do you think is great about the United States?