Here are a few things we’ve learned about blue food coloring in the past couple days —
* If three little boys share a tube of blue food coloring, they can color their tongues, teeth, lips, hands, and faces blue.
* If they touch their sisters, they can leave blue streaks on the sisters’ arms.
* If boys are covered in blue, they get to have a bath from Grandmama.
* No matter how hard you scrub, some of the blue won’t come off.
* If you consume a great deal of blue food coloring, the next day your poop will be an intereting neon green color that looks strinkingly radioactive.
* If a two year-old fills his diaper with radioactive-looking green poop and then tries to take his own diaper off, he gets scared by the green color and screams his lungs out.
* The blue dye in the poop stains his skin and no amount of washing will remove that either.
* When one child has radioactive-looking poop all over him and a nasty diaper overflowing and lying on the carpet, his brothers and sisters will come running to look and scream over the grossness of it all.
* Even though the food coloring was high in the shelf over the stove, we need to find a better hiding spot for it. Maybe it should be locked in the safe with our passports and all of our tax paperwork for the past five years.